Oh, chilly days



‘Morning’, I mumbled; shuffling my way to the table with the sleekness of a penguin.
‘Morning’, she beamed; bright as a whistle even in this torpid weather.

‘This will cheer you up’, she giggled as she started to pour tea in a large mug.

Wish Mozart could imagine the symphony of splashing tea and ting-a-ting of stirring spoon. The rich aroma rivaled a Swarna Chapa (Magnolia Champaca) in full bloom. As I clutched the mug with both hands, warmth started to run through them. A wonderful sensation I once had when I held her hand for the very first time.

I kept darting nasty looks to the gloomy, chilly, windy weather outside. She broke into a laughter, ‘oh come on, it isn’t that bad’. I waited a while to let that crackling merriment touch my every neuron, and nodded gently; it isn’t too bad.

Comments