Eternal Wanderlust

What fascinates you more, the space or the earth!

The space does fascinate me. Just its vastness; or to say it properly, its endlessness, is just mind-blowing. What a freaking endless expanse where even the mighty galaxies become a mere speck. Freaking, yes that’s the word for it. Just think about it; we are a mere speck on this Earth, the Earth is a mere speck in this galaxy and the galaxy itself is a mere speck in the grand scheme of the space. You can feel lost just thinking about it.

The space is deceptive, the ultimate poker-face you will ever come across. Behind its aura of serenity it hides millions of years of never-ending turbulence. Turbulence that give birth to stars, turbulence at the death of stars. But no matter if it’s the birth-pang of a Nebula or the mourning rage of a Supernova, the space looks upon you in reassuring calmness.

And the colors; oh, my, god; those unearthly, heavenly, celestial splashes.

But I would rather be on the Earth. I want to see a mighty Oak, I want to smell the Pine Forest, I want to hear the Niagara thundering down, I want to hear the melody of a nameless stream, I want to take a handful of Sahara sand and blow it in the winds, I want to see the sun rising on the Drakensberg and enjoy the sunset on the slopes of Tian Shan. I want to see so, many, many things on the Earth.

Photo: Anna Panfilova
I want to race the winds on the Pampas and I want to feel its chill on the ridges of the Andes, I want to hear the silent rhapsody of the Mojave and I want to lose myself in the whispering Taiga, I want the Yangtze promising to sweep me away and I want to flirt with the frivolous Syr Darya, I want to smell the baking earth and I want to smell the rain drenching the baking earth, I want to taste the rain and I want to dance in the rain.

The space can truly numb your senses, but the Earth will truly make you alive.

Comments